We are the biggest, the oldest, and the best snow removal service
in the downtown Toronto area.
East West Snow Services Services is a family owned snow removal business
which has been operating in the Greater Toronto Area for many years.
Request a Snow Removal Quote
In January 1999, Toronto received 118.4 cm. of snow, the largest accumulation of snow
in any month since records have been kept.
- The city averages about 130cm per year.
- The largest storm in 1999: January 2, 39cm.
- The next largest: January 14/15, 26.6cm.
- despite heavy snow accumulations, main streets were cleared and The City of Toronto
- The city developed a special plan to remove snow from the downtown core on
January 17 that involved notifying residents that their street would be plowed
in order that parked cars be removed (more than 30 crews were designated
for this operation).
- Approximately 2,200 people worked to clear and remove snow (800 city staff and 1,400
- The province of PEI sent 15 large snowblowers and two crews of operators
to assist in the cleanup effort.
- 438 military personnel and 128 vehicles from C.F.B. Petawawa were deployed
to assist in the cleanup for a two-week period. About 100 local reserves
also participated for a short time.
- Military vehicles (Bisons) assisted with emergency situations.
- Provincial government crews assisted as did contractors from London,
Bracebridge, Ottawa and Montreal.
- Metro Hall opened its doors to stranded travelers on January 14.
- The cost of snow clearing operations for the month was $70 million.
View Toronto's Avg. Weather By Month
Back to Top